Nearly all of our roles have seasonality, so we are always accepting applications from friendly folks who love sharing great ice cream! Come pick up an application if you are excited by the idea of fun part-time employment in a fast-paced, summer-crazed local business that enjoys creating a quirky family dynamic. In addition to scooping at the stores, we have production and distribution roles. If you are interested in making ice cream, helping in warehousing, delivery, or customer service you can get an application at one of the stores.
Download application: Employment Application [PDF]
Send and email to email@example.com with your resume and cover letter telling us:
- Position applying to
- Why you want to work at MIC
- Why you think you’d be good at this position
- Delivery Drivers (Santa Cruz, CA- Westside)
- Production Team (Santa Cruz, CA- Westside)
- Scoopers (Santa Cruz, Aptos & Capitola, CA)
Delivery Drivers (Santa Cruz, CA- Westside) Ever dream of delivering fun? Apply to become part of the Marianne’s team delivering ice cream in the Bay area and locally in Santa Cruz. Marianne’s is passionate in the way we handle and transport our ice creams, taking pride in knowing that we deliver a little bit of joy to so many people.
We’re looking for full-time team members who can work independently and approach every situation with a friendly attitude and professional manner, and sharp communication skills. The position requires the ability to lift, push, and pull up to 70 pounds, as well as able to squat, bend, and lift 25 pounds from the ground. Applicants must be 25 years old with a valid drivers license and clean driving record.
- Pulling orders from freezer and pack on delivery truck
- Maintaining organization of the freezer
- Delivery of orders to wholesale accounts (grocery stores, scoop shops and restaurants)
- Time efficiency and prioritization
- Communication of relevant information to plant managers
- Willingness to go above and beyond when the team needs extra help
- High standards of quality (obsessive is a bonus)
- Interaction with customers in a positive and friendly manner
Production Team (Santa Cruz, CA- Westside) Apply to be a part of Marianne’s Ice Cream making! This Santa Cruz institution has been here for 73 years so you can build a career with us. If you value teamwork, action, and opportunity, then Marianne’s is a good start. We pride ourselves on high quality and we have a high energy process. We are seeking production team members for the long term as we are building a new factory and continue to grow.
The team works together to perform many tasks but also assigns specific responsibilities to individuals. Expect to work quickly and well and together. For the production team, an entry level position starts with working in our production room and frozen storage areas- Stocking, rotating and managing products and supporting ice cream makers.
This is a fast-paced role and can be physically demanding. Routinely requires carrying 15-30 lbs, lifting and use of hand trucks. Also requires attention to detail, good memorization, and ability to move quickly working with packaging and case packing items. The Production Team is also responsible for good manufacturing practices and following all guidelines for food safety and is responsible for of cleaning and sanitizing equipment, floors and production equipment. These are full time positions and no degree is necessary, just a great attitude and want for success.
- Employer 401k contribution after 1 year
- 1 Week annual paid vacation after 1 year
- Opportunities for future roles of greater responsibility and management training for the talented leaders.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Pay Frequency: Bi-weekly- Pay is hourly, based on experience and ability, with opportunity for increases and bonuses.
- Schedule: Monday to Friday, 7am- 3pm overtime required at times this summer.
Scoopers (Santa Cruz, Aptos & Capitola, CA) At Marianne’s we’re serving up smiles and ice cream. We’re looking for a few more friendly faces to add to our team at all three of our locations. You’ll learn to juggle requests for cups, cones, sundae kits, quarts and novelties from our take out menu with ease. You’ll help out customers who drive or walk up to our pick up window. Sound like a fun way to spend the summer? Become part of the Marianne’s tradition!